Daily Racing Multiple: Norfolk and Dundalk chances in 440/1 Wednesday treble

Trainer James Fanshawe
James Fanshawe, well known as the 'Skeleton Man', sends out Missed Call at Kempton as part of today's treble

Alan Dudman fired in Could Be Trouble as a winner at 4/1 yesterday and his Wednesday multiple comprises of three runners in a 440/1 each-way treble...

"The 3yo's trainer James Fanshawe had Hang Up's dam Missed Call in his care, and she had a good record at Kempton winning twice at the track over 1m3f and 1m4f."

Back Missed Call each-way @ 7/1 in the 19:45 at Kempton

Mini can go into overdrive as a cheap back-to-lay

Back The Yellow Mini @ 4/1 in the 14:05 at Fakenham

Don McCain served us well yesterday with Could Be Trouble winning at a BSP of 5.04/1, but we missed out on the double as Rain Cap faltered.

There's a horse in Tuesday's Fakenham 14:05 called Pump It Up, and most of Richard Spencer's runners are named after a song or artist. I remember "Pump Up The Jam" well, as in the 90s I was one of two left on Ashton's of Cricklewood's dancefloor after several Banana Jammin drinks.

She isn't the selection, but I am hoping The Yellow Mini moves better than I did 20 years ago.

Michael Wigham's 3yo was a pretty poor maiden on the Flat but she's taken well to hurdles and has shown a good aptitude for this discipline winning on her jumping debut at Fontwell. She clocked a reasonable time that day and was a vast improvement on anything she had achieved on the level.

However, perhaps her best piece of form was against Nicky Henderson's Impulsive One. She was beaten 12L in that, but the winner went on to score at Huntingdon by 10L afterwards and is now rated 127. It was a sound effort.

Rated 110, that's not a bad figure to take a Fakenham juvenile, and good ground with blinkers added to her front-running style makes for a good bet.

The young hurdler must be the only jumper so far for the Devon-based Vauterhill Stud's Cannock Chase, but I like her clever name out of a dam called Cheap N Chic, and she certainly could be a cheap lay in-running from 5.04/1 to get your stake back as I can see her whizzing around the tight turns of the Norfolk circuit.

Hayes can conjure up some magic from wide berth

Back Magic Word each-way @ 10/1 in the 18:30 at Dundalk

For once I have to ignore an Ado McGuinness handicapper, and with the 17 runners for the 1m4f 18:30, getting four places has tempted me with Magic Word.

This filly made a very encouraging start to her career over 1m2f at the Curragh in August where she finished a fine third - staying on with real purpose. She was outpaced in that, but done well to get so close considering she came from a lot further back than the placed horses in front of her.

She disappointed in two subsequent starts, but was back on track of sorts behind a progressive winner last time at Leopardstown in her first try in a handicap.

Jockey Chris Hayes will have to weave his magic from the outside lane in stall 17, but we have got four places. Her trainer Andy Oliver is in reasonable nick too.

Don't be left hanging with Fanshawe filly

Back Hang Up each-way @ 7/1 in the 19:45 at Kempton

Our treble attempt on Monday was a non-runner, due to a err, non-runner, so we'll have another go as I like a horse switching to handicap company at Kempton in Hang Up.

She shaped well on her first two starts at both Sandown and Wolverhampton, especially at the Esher track where she traded at 2.021/1 from a massive BSP on debut, making a move very wide and travelling well, but her greenness and maybe temperament cost her as she wandered around all over the place.

She actually ran the quickest furlong of any horse in that at the 1m marker, so there are no 'time skeletons' in her cupboard.

Her latest run at Kempton was poor, but that was following a break and she's on a low mark judged on her first run and could be well-handicapped.

The 3yo's trainer James Fanshawe had Hang Up's dam Missed Call in his care, and she had a good record at Kempton winning twice at the track over 1m3f and 1m4f. If all nine stand their ground, we have the three places for our each-way.

Get a free £5 Bet - Every Day!

Place £20 worth of Multiples or Bet Builders over the course of a day, and, after the bets have settled, you'll get a free £5 bet to use on Multiples or Bet Builders. Bets must settle within 48 hours. No opt-in required, T&Cs apply.

Alan Dudman's Racing P and L

2021 Singles and each-way: -17.34pts (settled at BSP from 507 bets)
2021 Multiples: +71.47pts
Bets Of Day 2016 to 2021: +25.10pts

Get a Free £/€20 Exchange Bet

• Join Now - Open your account today using promo code VAL225
  • Bet - Place a £/€20 Bet on the Exchange
  • Earn - £/€20 Back in cash if your bet loses
Bet Now

T&Cs apply.

Discover the latest articles

Read past articles