US Open Women's Final Stat Attack: Williams all the way
Ben expects Serena to be celebrating tonight
"Wililams into tonight’s match with impressive form, winning every single match since her fourth round loss at Wimbledon to Marion Bartoli."
Ben Caudell presents detailed statistical evidence to show why there really is no way through for Samantha Stosur against Serena Wililams in the US Open Final.
Five Reasons to Back
• Serena Williams owns a 4-2 head-to-head series lead over her Australian opponent that includes three straight set wins on the hard court surface.
• Although William's world ranking is significantly lower than her opponents (she's 29, Stosur 10) having played far less tournaments during 2011, Serena comes into tonight's match with a superior surface rating, match rating and her predicted chance of winning is between 87-93%
• With the crowd in full support of Serena, and a patriotic ambience swirling around Flushing Meadows due to the tenth anniversary of 9/11, the multiple Grand Slam winner will definitely fancy her chances of repeating her last 15 of 17 wins in straight sets
• Williams is yet to drop a set all week in New York. However, the stat that stands out the most is the fact that she has never lost a set during a winning match... that's 31 of all winning matches in a row and in straight sets.
• The 2008 US Open Champion comes into tonight's match with impressive form, winning every single match since her fourth round loss at Wimbledon to Marion Bartoli.
Furthermore Williams has won 38 in a row when priced as a heavy favourite (below 1.20), six in a row against top ten players, and 17 in a row on the hard courts. Stosur has lost four in a row in finals and four in a row when priced as a heavy underdog.
Read More Tennis
Betting is all about opinions and, while one BB previewer fancies Nadal to cause a shock, Ben Caudell can't see past another Djokovic win. Here's why......
Rafa Nadal has one last shot at Novak Djokovic in a 2011 Grand Slam when the pair meet in the US Open final tonight, but can he deny Nole? Sean Calvert believes in the Spaniard...
The Betfair markets aren't giving Samantha Stosur much chance of defeating Serena Williams in the women's US Open Final and neither is Sean Calvert. Our man points to some telling historical precedents and selects the best bets....