Donald has a host of chances at Newcastle and Stratford on a busy Sunday...
Donald McCain has been in racing for most of his life, learning his trade from his father - Aintree legend Ginger, who saddled the winner of the world's greatest steeplechase four times, with Red Rum (1973/74/77) and Amberleigh House (2004).
After leaving school, Donald plied his trade with Luca Cumani and Oliver Sherwood (as pupil assistant and later as stable amateur), whilst also gaining experience with Sir Michael Stoute, Chris Wall and Sean Woods during the summer months. He also had about 50 successes in the saddle and in excess of 700 rides over 10 seasons.
The experiences Donald gained during his time in these top yards have stood him in good stead and the lessons learnt have undoubtedly paid off as he progressed through his career as a trainer in his own right. His successes-to-date include four Cheltenham Festival successes, an Aintree Festival success, The Scottish Champion Hurdle, The Galway Hurdle and, on the flat, the winner of The Northumberland Plate. Since he began training in 2006, Donald has trained more than 260 winners.
He is widely regarded as the up-and-coming trainer in the UK and with a stable now in excess of 100 horses, who could bet against him reaching the very top?
- Donald McCain: The verdict on my Sunday trio 27 April 2013
- Donald McCain: The verdict on my Saturday pair 27 April 2013
- Donald McCain: Another good season draws to an end 26 April 2013
- Donald McCain: Strong team lined up for Bangor 20 April 2013
- Donald McCain: The verdict on my Uttoxeter pair 13 April 2013
- Donald McCain: Ballabriggs has run his final race 12 April 2013
- Donald McCain At Aintree: Overturn to bounce back 06 April 2013
- Donald McCain At Aintree: Super Duty raring to go. 05 April 2013
- Donald McCain at Aintree: The verdict on my Thursday runners 04 April 2013